Monday, December 5

its hard to keep glowing skin in the winter cold, but i have a few tips i use to keep my skin and body as healthy as possible:


  • i always keep some blistex in my bag during the winter for when my lips get beyond the dry point. at night, i put some vitamin E oil on them, and i wake up beautifully hydrated lips (my mom taught me that one)
  • also, try not to lick your lips if they are dry, ESPECIALLY when your outside. i know its hard, but you will be thankful in the long run, i try to put on some lipbalm before heading out, helps a lot!
  • mom also used to put vaseline on my hands before i went to bed and threw socks on top of them so my hands would stay hydrated. i HATED it as a kid, but i definitely cherish the lesson now
  • i hate getting out of a warm shower only to put on cold lotion, so i use coconut oil in the shower as lotion. i keeps your skin soooo soft and glowing, and i cant lie and say i dont close my eyes and maybe pretend im under a tropical waterfall, the coconut smells so good! bf likes the smell too ;) (the blog www.bellamumma.com gave me that tip, thank you!!) 
  • we've all heard not to have too hot showers, as freaking lovely as they are, it can dry out your skin, also, the longer you spend in the shower the bigger risk for dry skin, so on those cold morning, try not to spend too long in a too hot shower ( :( i know) 
  • throw on a leave in condtioner! hair is important too!
  • for all the water your not wasting in the shower drying out your skin, drink it! lots of water means glowing skin! to get my water intake i drink tons of green or peppermint tea!
I hope theses are helpful for the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment